Geriatric physical therapy is a specialized area of physical therapy focusing on optimizing the body’s aging process.
Geriatric clinicians treat patients with a variety of conditions including:
- Those at an increased risk of falling
- Fractures and bone breaks
- Conditions related to high blood pressure
- Lung and heart conditions
- Joint replacement prehab (rehab before surgery)
- Post-surgical joint replacement rehab (total hip & total knee rehab)
- Arthritis conditions
- Diabetes related problems
- Nerve & brain conditions (stroke, Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis)
- Vertigo & vestibular/balance problems
If you need help getting back to the things you enjoy and are limited by one or more of the conditions above, give us a call. Physical therapy is a great, all-natural, hands-on choice to rehabilitate decrease pain, recover function, and improve your quality of life.